Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Girl

While I was home visiting my family over 4th of July weekend, I had the opportunity to catch up with some of my friends.  My friend, Chad, and I decided to go out for a drink or two to catch up.  My sister came out with us as well.  We went to a new (well, new to me at least!) bar called Local that had a cute roof top area where we could sit outside and enjoy the summer breeze along with our cocktails.
Shirt: Anthropologie, spring/summer 2010
Earrings: Premier Designs (my friend, Jamie, is a consultant)
Bracelet: handmade, purchased in Los Cabos

I was very excited to wear this new bracelet. I've worn it a few times and I always receive tons of compliments on it every time I wear it!  It is hand-beaded with coppery gold beads.  The beads are strung together with elastic, however, it isn't very stretchy and has a pretty tight fit.
The best part of this bracelet is the clasp.  It is made of wood, and hooks together.  It is easy to clasp, yet the closure is tight so it cannot come apart on it's own like a toggle clasp.  The wood also makes this bracelet a casual piece, so I love to wear it with a "boring" outfit to add a bit of pizazz. I purchased this bracelet while on vacation with one of my best friends in Cabo.  We spent many afternoons shopping at the Marina and I was able to snag this piece fairly inexpensively. 

What's your favorite costume bling for the summer months?


No comments:

Post a Comment