Thursday, July 21, 2011

"Always. Until the End."

Many of you know for the past 10 years I've felt that after Harry Potter 7, I wouldn't have anything to live for.  Well, thankfully, the Hunger Games came along and now I have THAT to live for (whew, it was touch and go there for awhile!)

Over the past few months, the excitement over the final Harry Potter film has been growing.  The movie debuted at midnight on July 15th.  While I was on vacation at the time, I was able to view the film with my family at the beach. Then, upon returning, I was able to catch it in 3D IMAX with my friend, Sara.  I'm sure I'll see it at least 1 or 2 more times before it leaves the theaters.  While it's not my favorite of the films (they left out too many of my favorite lines/parts!!) and it doesn't even compare to the novel, it is a fun closure to the movie saga.

What does a HP fan wear to the film?  That's simple.  A horcrux necklace, of course! Remember when I wrote about my nautical obsession HERE and I told you to remember 1luckysoul?  Well, now is the time to recall that memory!  I was able to snap up this awesome charm necklace to wear to the HP film.

The necklace features each of the horcruxes Harry must destroy before he can rid himself of Voldemort. the charms are the diary, ring, locket, snake, cup, diadem, and finally, a lightening bolt to symbolize Harry's scar.

To highlight the green stones on the locket, I paired the necklace with the sugar snap skimmers I wrote about here as well as a white dress so the necklace would pop.  (Sorry about the fuzzy image- it was a hectic day and was the best I could get under the circumstances!)
Anthropologie Beda Dress, Summer 2010
Anthropologie Looping Lanes Belt, Summer 2010
Anthropologie Sugar Snap Skimmers, summer 2011
Horcrux necklace from 1luckysoul
Now I can start thinking about what to wear to the Hunger Games debut in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment