Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Basil Chicken a la Jen and Amy

The other day, I bought all the ingredients to make Chicken in Basil-Mustard Sauce; a recipe that is quick, easy, and very tasty.  I make it frequently.  I realized after I was done cooking and eating that something wasn't quite right. It was then that it dawned on me that I forgot to add both the basil and the pesto the the sauce.  So, basically I was having chicken in mustard sauce.  The next day, I had plans to hang out with my friend, Jen.  Generally we talk turns cooking dinner.  I emailed her and asked, "What can we make with chicken, basil, and pesto?"  I was determined to avoid the basil and pesto from spoiling and going to waste.  She replied that she was certain we could come up with something.

So, I packed up the unused ingredients and headed her way after work.  We seared the chicken, made a pasta, and then tossed in all in pesto before adding tomatoes, chickpeas, and of course, the fresh basil.  We actually came up with a delightful dish!  The chicken pasta ended up being very tasty and we decided it was worth remembering to make again.  Check out our concoction below!

First, here's the outfit of the day:

Dress: Secret Treasures, Anthropologie
Necklace: O'Keefe Necklace, Anthropologie
Belt: Tea Rose, Anthropologie
Shoes: J. Crew


The yummy pasta dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment