Thursday, December 8, 2011

Disaster in the Making

Last fall I purchased the In the Trees skirt because I thought it was super cute and a great fall piece.  This skirt, however, is a disaster on me.  My legs are way to wide for this.  I have to take tiny mouse steps when I wear this skirt.  Stairs are fairly impossible, so I take the elevator at work when I have this on. It also puckers at the top, making my belly look much much bigger than it is, due to the extra fabric gathered there. Too, after I sit, it completely bunches up in the back and I have to go into the restroom take it off entirely, adjust the lining, and put it back on. True story.  I had to do this 3 times at work on Monday when I wore this.  Seriously not worth it. WHY do I wear it?  Alas, I continue to wear it because it was expensive (I did buy it on sale) and it is unique and cute.  I'm sure it's a piece I'll only wear once MAYBE twice a year.  of course, I could lose a few pounds and then not run into the issues mentioned above.  I love chocolate cake too much, though, so I am not sure if that is a serious possibility.

Skirt: In the Trees, Anthropologie, 2010
Top: Wind-Rippled Tee, Anthropologie 2009
Tights: Banana Republic
Shoes: Rennsselaer T-Straps Anthropologie 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment