Friday, December 23, 2011

Festivus for the Rest of Us

For years, I celebrated Festivus during the holiday season.  I even have an official Festivus pole living in my parents' garage.  While Festivus is generally celebrated anytime during the holiday season, its "unofficial" date is TODAY, December 23.  The fake holiday stems from a 1997 Seinfeld episode.  If you are unfamiliar with Festivus traditions, I strongly encourage you to check it out here. Happy Festivus, everyone!

The other day I went to a Christmas dinner.  Not a Festivus dinner, but I referenced Festivus quite a few times, which inspired my Festivus rant above.  This particular Christmas dinner had a bit more of a British feel to it.  We sipped hot apple cider and opened these crackers both from William Sonoma.
Inside each cracker was a toy, some jokes, and of course, a tissue crown. Very lovely.

The dinner was potluck and we had an overwhelming amount of appetizers, side dishes, and fancy desserts.

I wore a snowflake sweater for the occasion.  Not this snowflake sweater, though (who knew I had so many snowflake sweaters?) but a red one.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of that ensemble, so this one will have to do as a substitute.  I did wear this sweater and skirt combo to work the day after the holiday dinner. 

Sweater: Talbots, circa 2006
Skirt: Banana Republic Petite, Fall 2011
Shoes: Ann Taylor Loft, 2010
 Enjoy the holiday weekend!  Stay tuned for my Christmas card over the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment