Monday, January 23, 2012

"Believe Deep Down in Your Heart That You're Destined to Do Great Things"- JoePa

Yesterday was my Dad's 56th birthday.  Happy Birthday, Dad!!!  When I called home last night to wish him well, my mother answered and we chatted for a minute.  She sounded so congested, I asked her if she was unwell.  She said no, that she was just so sad from reading all about Joe Paterno's passing.

While Penn State's been in a negative light as of late, there's no denying the contributions JoePa made, not only to Penn State football, but also to the culture and community of State College.  He was an advocate for education, and ensured that his players graduated "with honor."  Most of my family attended Penn State, and, therefore, PSU football has been a big part of all of our lives in various ways.

Thoughts, prayers, and condolences go to his family, and the Penn State community who are mourning the lost of the winningest coach in Division 1 football.

Now, on to a very overdue OOTD (I think I wore this 2 weeks ago!!)


Wightwick Manor Shirtdress, necklace I don't recall the name of, and looping lanes belt, all Anthropologie
Boots Nine West

No comments:

Post a Comment