Monday, August 8, 2011

Polka Dots!

Last week, a new boss was hired at work.  Today we had a big kick-off which was really a meet-the-boss situation. I knew it was going to be a long, boring morning (which it was) so I had to plan accordingly.  I decided to wear this dress that I purchased circa 2006.  I rarely wear it, and I am certain I have not worn it for the past 2 years. It is a wrap dress and it is made of silk so it isn't very practical AND the silky material frequently comes untied.  I knew today would involve a lot of sitting, so I figured it was safe.  Plus, I am trying to wear all my white clothes one last time before August ends on me unexpectedly and I am thrust into fall colors.  To be EXTRA safe, I wore a white cami underneath and was glad I did because the top of the dress begins to creep open after an hour or 2 of wear.  My hair got a little wild and BIG (as you can see!) in the humidity and I was squinting a bit in the sun, so again, not the best pictures but you get the idea of the ensemble!

Dress: Banana Republic Petite
Necklace: Anthropologie
Cami: The Limited
Shoes: Nine West
I know you are looking at these pictures and thinking, "those are giant circles, not polka dots!" and you are absolutely correct!  I really wanted to have a polka-dotty post, though, and since it is my blog, for today, these will be polka dots. :)  Everything I am wearing here is old, and while I just bought the shoes last spring, they are no longer available, unfortunately.  But, I'm glad I had a chance to wear it all one last time before summer ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment