Tuesday, August 30, 2011

This is the Story About a Girl Named Lucky

Last Tuesday (yes, the same day that the earth quaked) we had a leadership conference for work. I was on the planning committee as well as presenting at the conference.  Needless to say, it was a long, long day!  The conference was held at the Westin at Tyson's Corner.  That's roughly a half hour from where I live and I had to be there at 6:30 am to help with the set up so it was a very early morning!  The conference went on smoother than expected with the exception of an earthquake rocking the building at 1:51pm!  After the quake, we couldn't re-enter the hotel, so we had to end our conference an hour and half early. 

In keeping with my dress-for-the-job-you-want-not-the-one-you-have philosophy (read about it here), I decided to wear bold colors for my presentation. I was hoping to get a picture of the conference for my blog, but unfortunately, mother nature prevented that from happening.



For the event, I wore my Tracy Reese dress from Anthropologie's spring 2010 line.  I paired it with bright yellow- Nine West heels (spring 2011) and the Whirl and Wind Cardigan from Anthropologie (summer 2010).  The necklace was handmade by me using Stampin' Up!'s Simply Adorned charms, chain and stamps.  I know you can't see it clearly here, I will have to blog about it another day when I have a better picture to share. The bold colors definitely made a splash!

No comments:

Post a Comment