Monday, August 22, 2011

Strong Words, Softly Spoken

On Friday, I had a long, early morning work meeting followed by having a few people over for dinner and games. Unfortunately, I woke up late and then realized my meeting began at 8, not 8:30 as I originally thought.  GAH!  This meant I had to rush to get ready, which equals no time for a dress or skirt (too much prep in shaving and lotioning legs).  I am still obsessed with my Jenna Round Toe Pumps from Banana Republic (remember when I debuted them here?) so I decided to bust them out again.  While they are neutral in color I am having trouble finding something to wear with them aside from straight black.  Since I was in a rush, it was a straight black and white outfit for the day.  Suggestions for other colors to wear with these shoes?

Shirt: Ann Taylor Loft, circa 2009
Pants: Ann Taylor Loft, circa 2009
Shoes: Jenna Round Toe Pumps, Banana Republic, Summer 2011
Necklace: unknown
Belt: J. Crew, summer 2009




When my friends arrived in the evening, we had a low-key dinner then we played 10 Days in Africa, Bananagrams, and Apples to Apples.  As we were collecting adjectives in Apples to Apples, we became sillier and sillier (I think the sangria helped add to the silliness). We began joking that the adjectives described us, rather than just the nouns we threw down.  At the end of the game, these were the green adjective cards I had collected.
Glorious, refreshing, fabulous, puffy, natural, crazy, revolutionary, principled, cruel, painful, sexy, bogus, radical, goody-goody, sweet, intense, silly, playful, chunky, smart, cranky, easy, spooky, sultry, annoying, hilarious, patriotic
Do you feel these strong words describe me? :)  If you don't recognize the title of this post, it is the name of one of Tony Lucca's albums from back in the good ol' days.

1 comment:

  1. You can wear these shoes with anything! Any color would be great. They would look awesome with pinstripes! That is what I would wear if I wore heels anymore. I need to get some new cute flats!

    ReplyDelete