Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And Then, What If You Are What a Prince Would Envision?

I'm continuing with my Into The Woods theme for blog post titles this week.  Enjoy.

Over Labor Day, I went to visit my family because it was my niece's first birthday!  She was as cute as a button in her pink tutu.  She truly enjoys Mo Williem's Piggie and Elephant book series so the party had a pink and gray theme. I also bought her the new Piggie and Elephant book, Should I Share My Ice Cream? as one of her birthday presents.  Today is her actual birthday so I decided this post was appropriate for today.

Going with the color theme, I wore this pink Banana Republic dress and cardigan.  The air conditioning in the club house was not working so we were a bit toasty yet still enjoyed the day!  My niece received a ton gifts (and a whole new wardrobe!  Maybe I should blog about baby clothes?) and we ate, ate, ate (my sister was prepared for extra party guests by having extreme quantities of food).  My sister and one of her best friends made a few dozen cupcakes- iced with chocolate creme or pink and white butter creme.  Delicious!  I am eating a left over one right now, in honor of baby girl's special day.

First I'll post the pictures of the outfit, if that's what you really want to see.  Then I post some pictures of the baby, in case you want to ooooh and awwww along with me. :)  I wore the exact same outfit I blogged about here if you want to read more outfit details.
Cardigan, dress, and shoes: Banana Republic (the shoes are old, but everything else is summer 2011)
Jewelry: White House Black Market



And now here are pictures of the birthday girl!


She can't take it anymore!  Too many gifts to open!

Totally wiped out at the end of the day.
How did you spend your Labor Day weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment