Thursday, September 8, 2011

Slotted Spoons Don't Hold Much Soup

It's been a day packed with new information.  Here are some things I learned today:

1. Eating a chocolate cupcake on the couch without a napkin handy is a bad idea.

2. While I love fall clothes, I am definitely not ready for this chilly, wet fall weather (it's been in the 60s and low 70s this week!)  Come back, sunshine!  At least for a few more weeks.

3. A friend of mine is always flabbergasted with me because anytime I start a new book, I read the ending first.  I just can't take the suspense.  A new study came out stating that researchers found people who read the end of story first enjoy the story MORE than people who don't know what is coming!  Perhaps surprise isn't all that it's cracked up to be and I'm not such a naughty reader after all.  Read all about it in this article by ABC.

4. My niece is allergic to either egg whites or nuts. Not sure which yet but she had a bad reaction to her birthday cupcake, poor baby.

To bring a little sunshine back into my dreary day, I decided to wear some bright bold colors.  I was a little tempted to wear tights today since I was so chilly but fought the urge as it is still technically summer.


Dress and necklace: Banana Republic Outlet, summer 2011
Cardigan: Anthropologie, summer 2010
Shoes: J Crew, spring 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment