Monday, September 19, 2011

It's Back to my Town, Back to Your Life, 'Cause Summer Is Over

This week fall weather has set in!  Despite what the calendar says, I have to admit that summer is officially complete, so I am repeatedly singing Jon McLaughlin's song Summer Is Over while at work this week (check out his latest album if you haven't already!)  I am ready to break out the fall clothes in anticipation of the changing leaves.  Over the summer, I purchased Anthropologie's cultivation skirt when it went on sale.  Even though this skirt was in their spring collection, the colors are definitely "fall" in my mind.  I also purchased the bracelet (below) this summer when I was at the beach with my family. It is Q3 Art Jewelry handmade by artists Marvin and Michelle Shafer.  It is made out of 80% recycled aluminum and dyed in a multi-colored palette. Check out their other jewelry here.  I thought the colors were neutral enough that I would be able to wear it with many things.  This is the first time I've worn it, though!
Skirt: Anthropologie Cultivation Skirt, Spring 2011
Tee Shirt: Anthropologie, Summer 2011
Cardigan: J. Crew Outlet, Fall 2011
Necklace: Anthropologie, Fall/Winter 2010
Belt: J Crew, Summer 2009
Shoes: J. Crew, Summer 2010



So, this picture was a complete mistake (the camera fell over, and when I went to pick it up, it went off) but I thought it was funny, so here you go.  An up close and personal picture of my hand and belt.

The aluminum bracelet from Q3 Jewelry
Did you break out any fall clothes yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment