Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Peekaboo Frames and Comfort Food

A few things happened over Columbus Day weekend.  First, I woke up super early on Saturday and was craving a pot roast.  Yep, you read that correctly, pot roast.  I guess I needed some comfort food after a stressful week at work last week.  While I was digging through my vast collection of cookbooks, I changed my mind from pot roast to beef stew.  I hopped in the shower and then took off for the grocery store to get the ingredients for my stew.  While I was there, I had a hankering for grilled cheese.  Not just any grilled cheese, I decided I needed fancy, thick french bread and a variety of cheeses so that is what I made for lunch.

Next, after a walk with my friend, Marie, I decided to hunker down and make some new cards.  Birthday month nearly depleted my card stash and I haven't made any cards since the summer.  2 weeks ago I got some new Stampin' Up! supplies and I've been anxious to use them.  I purchased the new Peekaboo Frames for the Big Shot from the Holiday Mini catalog.  I think I might become obsessed with these little guys.  Here is a fall card I made:


Stampin' Up! Supplies:
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip
Ribbon: 1/2 inch Scallop Dot in Chocolate Chip
Stamp set: Falling Leaves, wood mount
Accessories: Peekaboo Frames for the Big Shot, Neutrals Brads
 How cute are these frames that open up??!  I just put the word "Grateful" inside, but I've seen some cute ones with more details in the frame.  Want to make some peekaboo frame cards of your own?  Click HERE and then select "shop now" to purchase Stampin' Up! products.

I also took a picture of my grilled cheese and tomato soup since it looked so pretty and my camera was right beside it.  YUM.

What are some of your go-to comfort foods?  Have you made anything fun for fall this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment