Thursday, October 20, 2011

What's Black and White and Red All Over?

My outfit of the day!  Okay, maybe it's not red "all over" but it is definitely red in the legs!  These are one pair of tights I bought a few weeks ago from J Crew.  They look maroon here, but they are really a dark red.  You can read all about them here.  They are really thick and comfortable... almost a little too warm for today but will definitely be perfect for winter.

I got this awesome, HUGE owl necklace for my birthday from my cousin Emily.  She bought it in Abingdon, Virginia at a little shop called Serendipity.  Since the necklace is rather loud, I decided to pair it with a simple black dress.

I also got these owl earrings for my birthday from another cousin, Ally!  I know it is a lot of "owl" all at once, but I felt with the red tights and red, beady eyes in these earrings it worked.

I had a big meeting for work the morning that I wore this and I received a ton of compliments on all of my owl accessories- who would have guessed it?  I'll have to wear my fine feathered friends much more often now that I've debuted them!
Dress: Banana Republic Petite, circa 2006ish
Tights: J Crew, fall 2011
Shoes: Ann Taylor Loft, Fall 2010
Necklace: Serendipity, 2011
Earrings: Gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment