Sunday, October 2, 2011

Is It Me You're Looking For?

The other day I wore this outfit and someone said to me "Is today a special day at work?"  I looked at him quizzically and said, "No.  Why do you asked?"  He replied, "I am just wondering why you are dressed like a colonial person."

Sigh.

I bought this dress last spring and I've only worn it twice, this being the second time.  While I like it in theory, it is troublesome to wear. First of all, the top is sheer, requiring a cami underneath.  Secondly, the ruffles on the top can be overwhelming on a small frame like mine.

I love the bright yellow bird pattern, though, and I like that this dress is a bit different.  In retrospect, it probably wasn't a smart buy (I'm not sure how often I'll actually wear it) but I am hoping when paired with some fall-colored cardigans that I can still get some more wear out of it this year.  Time will tell.


Dress: Anthropologie Sunny Soiree Dress, Spring 2011
Cardigan: J. Crew Outlet, Fall 2011
Shoes: J. Crew spring 2010

What's an article of clothing you regret buying?

No comments:

Post a Comment