Friday, October 14, 2011

Still In the Dress She Used to Wear, Faded Feathers In Her Hair

After the Columbus Day holiday, I decided to break out some new fall threads for work.  In the summer, I purchased the Houndstooth Collage Pencil Skirt, which, as many reviewers have already described, is much more of an A-line.  I was worried about finding something to wear with this skirt, when, low and behold, over Labor Day weekend when I was shopping with my older sister, I spotted this mustard-colored top at Banana Republic Factory Store.  Best part? The top comes in petite sizing AND is machine washable.  That is a crazy double-score.


Skirt: Houndstooth Collage Pencil skirt, Anthropologie 2011
Blouse: Banana Republic Factory Store, Fall 2011
Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft, Circa 2008
Tights: Brown, unknown
Boots: Nine West, circa 2008
Hair Accessory: Ann Taylor Loft, Fall 2011
Necklace: 1luckysoul, Fall 2011

I wore feathers in my hair again. The same ones I wore with the Sugared Dress.  To you, it seems like I wore them back to back but really there were a few days in-between so don't fret.  These feathers really blend in with my hair- unless I do a close up, you can barely notice they are there!

Finally I broke out my new necklace.  My friend Nena sent me this for my birthday.  It is another design from 1luckysoul.  I love that it pops open and has a functioning pocket watch inside!


I'm leaving on a jet plane for a little Octobercation with some of my best girl friends.  Don't worry, though, I have some blog posts all lined up for you while I am away.  Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment